- The famous “conchon du lait” (young suckling pig), which is what we in Louisiana call a “roast pig dinner,” serves as a good example for the advantages of using a Cajun Microwave instead of the open fire roasting method:
- the weather is not an issue (can’t have a fire in the rain)
- legal in cities where fires are prohibited (cook on your porch or courtyard)
- no need for large amounts of wood (use charcoal or small pieces of wood)
- wheels make it easily portable
- more efficient than open fire (4-6 hrs, depending on size and amount of heat appliedwhich may be a shorter cooking time than open fire method)
- can cook other items along side the meatit’s a wooden oven that allows you to cook for up to 75 people at a time!!!!
- options such as grills mounted on top of lid and lets you cook “double duty” ---large pieces of meat inside the box, burgers, hot dogs, bbq chicken and other items on topat the same time!
- It is also a wonderful conversation piece - center of attention for your party!